The iPhone’s camera updates are truly remarkable, and on par with DSLR cameras. With its high-definition 4K camera quality and the natural ability to compress a video on iPhone, it opens up endless shooting possibilities, enabling you to capture precious moments, document your life, and stay connected.
However, these gorgeous videos can be quite hefty, swiftly gobbling up your iPhone’s storage space. This is where video compression comes into play. By reducing the file size of your videos, you can save storage without sacrificing too much on quality.
Table of Contents
As a matter of fact, iOS doesn’t have a built-in video compression feature. Therefore, you need to look for some ways to resize your clips before recording or compress them afterward.
In this article, we’ve got you covered with some quick methods to save space without compromising on video quality.
Ready? Let’s get started!
The smartest way of preventing cumbersome videos starts even before you hit the record button. Yes, you’ve heard it right. You can tweak the camera settings and manage the storage before recording your videos. This preemptive approach ensures your film is an optimized size from the get-go.
Here’s an easy guide to make these settings:
1. Go to Settings: Initiate by tapping on your iPhone’s Settings icon, then hop onto the Camera option.
2. Explore the Record Video Setting: Within the camera section, you’ll spot the ‘Record Video’ option. The current resolution and frame rate your camera uses will be displayed here.
3. Make Your Choice: For those seeking minimal video size, opt for ‘720p at 30fps’. Not only does this choice optimize storage, but Apple also provides a handy note indicating the estimated storage consumption for each resolution.
Remember, while this method guarantees space conservation, it might not be the go-to for cinematographers for ultra-HD shots. In such cases, recording at a higher resolution followed by compression is the key to balancing quality and storage.
Two Straightforward Methods to Compress Videos on iPhone
Reducing video sizes on your iPhone can be a real challenge. If you’re an amateur filmmaker, a vlogger, or simply someone looking to save your precious memories without sacrificing storage, you have two simple solutions for this. Have a look at them:
There are numerous third-party tools available that have cropped up to make video compression a breeze for iPhone users. Among the popular names is “Compress”, known for its user-friendly interface and efficiency.
Steps to Compress Video Using “Compress” App
- Go to the App Store, find “Compress”, and tap on the download button (if you haven’t downloaded it yet)
- Once installed, open the app to begin.
- Tap on the “Select video to compress” option.
- Browse your gallery and select the desired video.
- Tap on “next” to proceed to the compression parameters.
- Do the Compression Settings: The app allows you to tweak the compression settings as per your requirements. Here you can adjust the frame rate and video dimension of your selected video:
- Frame Rate: This determines the number of frames shown per second. A higher rate translates to smoother motion but also larger file sizes. It’s advisable to never dip below 24 to maintain a cinematic feel.
- Video Dimensions: Altering the video’s size can free up significant storage. A good rule of thumb? Try downsizing to 80% of the original.
- Once compressed, your streamlined video is ready for download.
- After adjusting, tap on the ‘Compress’ button and you’re done!
Method 2: Compress a Video Online
Using cloud-based video compressing tools is another way you can bridge the gap between storage concerns. Among the galaxy of cloud platforms, Veed.io stands out with its free navigation on video compression.
Unlike traditional online tools, Veed allows you to upload and compress videos directly from the browser so you don’t need to download any storage-consuming app.
Steps to Compress Video with Veed.io
- Open your browser and head over to the “Veed.io Video Compressor” official website.
- Open the website and you’ll find the “Compress a Video” upload button.
- Upload the video from your iPhone that you wish to compress.
- Once the video is uploaded, you’ll be presented with compression settings: Resolution and Quality.
- You have options to choose the video quality from low, medium, and high.
- After adjustments, click the “Compress Video” button.
- Post-compression, you can see how much size is reduced.
- And the video is ready to download!
Compressing videos on your iPhone might seem like a painstaking task, especially when high-definition moments are at stake. But, with the handy tools and methods highlighted in this guide, reducing those bulky files becomes second nature.
While third-party apps like “Compress” help you with on-the-go compression, cloud solutions like Veed.io offer a seamless browser-based experience. Try them today and continue capturing life’s vibrant moments without a second thought.