WhatsApp, one of the world’s most beloved messaging apps, offers plenty of ways to stay connected with family and friends. If you’ve ever wondered how to use WhatsApp on two phones with same number, you’re in for a treat!
WhatsApp offers an amazing feature called the ‘Companion Mode’. This feature lets you use a single WhatsApp account on multiple devices simultaneously, up to four to be precise. In this guide, we’ll show you how to set up WhatsApp Companion Mode i.e., how you can use WhatsApp on multiple devices with the same number and share all the perks that come with it.
Table of Contents
What is WhatsApp Companion Mode?
So, what’s this Companion Mode all about? It’s a fantastic addition that enables you to connect up to four additional devices to one WhatsApp account. This means your chats, contacts, and groups will seamlessly sync across your devices. Unlike the Linked Devices feature that primarily caters to web and desktop users, Companion Mode is designed with smartphone users in mind. WhatsApp officially rolled out this feature on April 25, 2023.
How To Use WhatsApp on Two Phones With Same Number
Primary Steps: Install and Set Up WhatsApp
Before we jump into the exciting world of Companion Mode, you need to make sure you’ve got the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your primary device. Here’s what you need to do:
- Download WhatsApp: If you don’t already have WhatsApp on your phone, head over to the Google Play Store (for Android) or the App Store (for iOS). Search for “WhatsApp Messenger,” and if it’s not installed, tap “Install” (Android) or “Get” (iOS). If you already have WhatsApp, simply hit “Update” to get the latest version.
- Set Up WhatsApp: Once you’ve installed or updated WhatsApp, open the app. Choose your preferred language, tap “Agree and Continue,” and here’s where it gets interesting…
- Bypass Phone Number Verification: Instead of entering your phone number as you normally would, tap the three dots (⋮) in the top-right corner to open the overflow menu. Now, select “Link to existing account.”
- QR Code Magic: WhatsApp will display a QR code on your screen. Keep this QR code handy as it’s the key to linking your account to multiple devices.
Next Steps: Link Your WhatsApp Account to Multiple Devices
With your QR code ready, it’s time to link your WhatsApp account to additional devices. Follow these simple steps:
- Open WhatsApp on Your Main Smartphone: Launch WhatsApp on your primary device.
- Access Linked Devices: Tap the three dots (⋮) to open the overflow menu, and then select “Linked devices.”
- Link a New Device: In the Linked Devices menu, you’ll spot a welcoming green button that says “Link a device.” Go ahead and give it a tap.
- Scan the QR Code: Grab your secondary device and use its camera to scan the QR code displayed on your primary device’s screen. Alternatively, you can select “Link with phone number” and enter your phone number on the secondary device. This will generate a one-time passcode to link both devices.
- Sync Your Messages: Your secondary device will start syncing your messages. Once the setup is complete, you’re all set to start using WhatsApp on multiple devices!
Enjoy the Convenience of Texting from Multiple Phones
WhatsApp Companion Mode is a game-changer, allowing you to use WhatsApp on up to five devices at the same time. The best part? Your secondary phones don’t even need SIM cards. Here’s what you can do on your secondary phones:
- Send and Receive Messages: You can effortlessly send and receive text messages, images, and videos across all connected devices.
- Voice and Video Calls: WhatsApp Companion Mode fully supports voice and video calls, so you can communicate seamlessly with your contacts.
- No SIM Card Required: Even if your secondary phones don’t have SIM cards, they can still access WhatsApp.
- Stay in the Loop: Keep up with your chats, groups, and contacts, ensuring that you’re always in the know.
Tips and Tricks for Maximizing Your WhatsApp Experience
Now that you’re all set up with WhatsApp Companion Mode, let’s explore some tips and tricks to make the most of it:
- Customize Notifications: To easily differentiate between your primary and secondary devices, customize notification tones or vibration patterns.
- Keep an Eye on Data Usage: Using multiple devices can increase data usage, so it’s a good idea to monitor it, especially if you’re on a limited data plan.
- Prioritize Security: Be cautious when using public Wi-Fi networks on your secondary devices. Enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on your WhatsApp account for an added layer of security.
- Stay Updated: Regularly update both WhatsApp and the Companion Mode feature to ensure you have the latest security updates and enhancements.
With this amazing feature WhatsApp gives you more flexibility and convenience than ever before. With the ability to use WhatsApp on multiple devices, you can stay connected with family and friends effortlessly. Follow our simple steps to set up Companion Mode and enjoy the ease of accessing WhatsApp on all your devices while keeping your chats and messages synchronized. Hope this helps!